Jan. 18, 2023
Metal corrugated culvert pipe is also called metal corrugated pipe culvert, corrugated pipe culvert, corrugated culvert or steel corrugated culvert. It refers to the threaded corrugated pipe for culverts buried under highways and railways. It is a circular corrugated pipe made of corrugated metal sheets or made of semi-circular corrugated steel sheets. It is widely used in highways, railways, small bridges, passages, retaining walls, and various mines, roadway retaining walls, etc. Culvert (pipe) in the project.
① High strength. Due to its unique corrugated structure, its compressive strength is more than 15 times greater than that of cement pipes of the same caliber.
② Convenient transportation. The weight of the corrugated pipe culvert is only 1/10 to 1/5 of that of the cement pipe of the same caliber. Even if there is no transportation equipment in a narrow place, it can be transported manually.
③Long service life. The steel bellows culvert is made of steel pipe hot-dip galvanized, so it has a long service life, with a life span of 80-100 years. When used in a particularly corrosive environment, the inner and outer surface of the steel with the attached layer Bellows can be increased by more than 20 years on the basis of the original service life.
④ Convenient construction: The bellows culvert is connected by sleeve or flange, and the length can be customized according to the needs. Even unskilled workers can also operate. The construction can be completed in a short time with a small amount of manual operation, which is fast and convenient .
⑤ Excellent economy: The connection method is simple and can shorten the construction period.
1. The actual cost of the project is lower than that of bridges and culverts with similar spans;
2. The construction period is short, mainly for assembly construction;
3. Adopt standardized design and production, simple design and short production cycle;
4. Production is not affected by the environment, and centralized factory production is beneficial to reduce costs and control quality;
5. On-site installation does not require the use of large equipment, which is convenient for installation;
6. Reduce the amount of cement, rubble or crushed stone, sand, etc., which is beneficial to environmental protection;
7. It is helpful to improve the uneven settlement of special foundation structures such as soft soil, expansive soil, collapsible loess, etc., improve highway service performance, and reduce post-work maintenance costs;
8. Solve the damage to the concrete structure of the bridge in the cold northern area (frost).
Metal corrugated culvert instead of reinforced concrete for culvert construction has incomparable advantages in terms of construction period, construction cost, environmental protection, etc., and the use of metal corrugated culvert for culvert construction can greatly improve the comfort and safety of road traffic It is beneficial to avoid the phenomenon of "cross-jumping" of culverts in roads, which is beneficial to solve the problem of frost damage to the structure of concrete pipe culverts in the northwest and cold regions of China.
When the metal corrugated culvert is delivered from the factory, the culvert and its fittings are all hot-dip galvanized, and the average thickness of the galvanized layer is greater than 84μm. The galvanized layer can prevent corrosion without the erosion of rocks. At present, before leaving the factory, Xinfeng products are more conservative than foreign culvert pipes based on the annual erosion thickness of the steel pipe wall of 0.01-0.03mm, and the thickness of the normal pipe wall is increased by 0.5mm, which can increase the service life. After the construction site, the construction site is coated with asphalt twice, and the thickness of the asphalt coating reaches 0.3-0.5mm. According to the actual situation of domestic vehicle overload transportation, the technical parameters of the metal corrugated culvert (wave distance, wave depth, wall thickness) are also carried out. The adjustment has been made and the insurance coefficient of culvert pipes used in China has been increased. The above measures can meet the requirements of use, and the service life can fully meet the needs of highways, and can better meet the culverts that are washed by the flowing stones, and ensure the impact of the flowing stones on the culvert pipe wall.
Please contact us if you need any help!
Do you need a project solution?
With first-class products and services, and make greater contributions